Bulk-billed first video session
Get private and confidential support from experienced counsellors
Charleville is a typical Australian outback town situated in the remote area of Queensland. The community of Charleville and the surrounding area is one of the most isolated and remote in Australia. The closest big city of Brisbane is 683 kilometres away. Common challenges include the flooding of the Warrego River and drought.
If you live in this area you are well aware of the challenges in accessing health services, including counselling. The museum of the Royal Flying Doctor Service is a symbol of that challenge.
With the rapid growth in advanced technology we see more Telehealth solutions which help rural people.
In 2017 the Australian Government recognised the potential benefits of remote counselling to help rural people with mental health issues. The result is a new Medicare scheme which allows rural people to receive Medicare rebates for up to 10 Videoconference counselling sessions.
As a resident of the Shire of Murweh you are eligible for the program and we invite you to take advantage of that.
Wonder how face on the screen is different to face-to-face counselling?
Please read on to learn more about what’s in it for you.
With remote counselling the access of a psychologist of your choice is no longer a barrier.
- Through our online counselling platform, you can access mental health support anywhere and anytime.
- You can get private and confidential support from our experienced counsellors and enjoy quality therapy from the comfort of your own home.
- You are one click away from professional, registered, credited and carefully selected counsellors who can help you with your issues.
- You can use your mobile, tablet or laptop to meet with our psychologists.
- You may find support for issues like relationship, parenting, anxiety, depression, anger, trauma and more,
- You can easily request a session and our office manager – Simone – will contact you shortly.
- Alternatively, you may search, find and book online a video session with your preferred counsellor on our website.
You don’t need to cope alone. Our psychologists are here to help you improve your wellbeing.
Is video counselling good for you?
Once you meet face to face with your counsellor, you will notice how personal the service can be.
- Many studies have proved that for the clients it doesn’t matter that much if they meet the counsellor on the screen or face to face.
- Since the inclusion of Medicare rebates for video counselling to Rural people in 2017, thousands of Australians have successfully used the tool to receive psychological help.
Quality of service
We specialize in providing psychological help to rural people.
- To make sure our psychologists provide you with high-quality remote counselling we apply a feedback system to ensure we learn and improve.
- Privacy and confidentiality are very important for our clients and we consider that with the utmost care.
Contact us and enjoy psychological help from the comfort of your own home.